An exciting opportunity to join a well established manufacturer in Halifax
Your new company
You will be joining a leading manufacturer based in Halifax
Your new role
This is an exciting opportunity within the Finance Department to join as Purchase Ledger Manager and you will be responsible for 2 people within Purchase Ledger.
You will be responsible for processing payments and reconciling UK, Europe and China stock purchases.
Duties will comprise:
- Manage the workload of the Purchase Ledger team.
- Train and develop the team.
- Process payments to suppliers.
- Prepare and make payment runs.
- Reconcile supplier statements.
- Investigate and resolve queries.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Assist with the processing of purchase invoices.
- Assist with the reconciliation of the company's bonded warehouse stock.
- Apply month end procedures.
- Establish controls in line with business needs and improve processes.
37.5 Hours per week, Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5pm. However, there will be occasions and requests to work additional hours in order to achieve deadlines and to provide cover for holidays, etc.
What you'll need to succeed
- Must be able to display a high level of numeracy & literacy, ideally have or be working towards an AAT accreditation.
- Excellent attention to detail and the delivery of high quality work in a timely manner.
- Strong IT and Excel skills are essential.
- Experience of SAP, Sage 200 and Microsoft Office would be advantageous.
- Enthusiastic and flexible team player with high expectations of self and others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under the pressure of aggressive timescales and targets.
- Ability to report on own workload within priorities set by the Purchase Ledger Manager.
- Commercially aware and keen to develop own business and product knowledge.
- Above average interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Positive and committed approach to ongoing improvements.
What you'll get in return
- Company bonus scheme
- Onsite parking
- Cycle scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff discount
- Company pension contribution
- Company medical scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- accounts payable manager
- purchase ledger manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job