International Networking and e-Infrastructure organisation requires a Purchase Ledger Manager. Reporting to the Group Management Accountant this role is responsible for supporting the finance department with primary responsibility for the full management of the purchase ledger function comprising supplier invoices, staff expenses and company credit cards. Additional responsibilities include the administration of the company payrolls.
Supervisory Responsibilities (in relation to other staff)
Line management of the finance assistant(s).
The majority of the work involves:
- Ensure purchase ledger is accurately maintained and process deadlines are met;
- Ensure purchase invoices; staff expenses and company credit cards are paid in accordance with agreed terms and conditions, and/or in accordance with best practice;
- Accurate processing of input VAT;
- Making payment runs and interfacing onto banking software;
- Preparation of manual payments;
- Ensure good internal control with respect to the purchase ledger function;
- Ensuring purchase invoices agree to underlying contracts and purchase orders;
- Liaison with suppliers and query resolution;
- Maintenance of the purchase order system;
- Prompt and accurate filing of purchase invoices; expense claims and purchase orders;
- Payroll and pension scheme administration and liaison with payroll bureaus, including the collation and coordination of statutory PAYE reporting requirements;
- Liaison with, and support of, non-finance budget holders;
- Documentation of process and procedures (and compliance thereof);
- Assist with month end closure and year-end audit;
- Providing basic holiday cover for the finance assistant(s);
- Supporting the Finance Team on ad-hoc projects and tasks.
In addition to the above you will carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
You may occasionally be required to travel within Europe in this role.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge required:
- Experience of working within a multi-currency environment
- Broad understandable of the EU VAT environment
- Sage 200 / NetSuite accounting experience
- Experience of implementing process improvements
- Experienced purchase ledger manager in a supervisory position
- Working knowledge of payroll administration
- Excellent MS-Office skills, especially Excel.
Personal attributes required:
- Proactive with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer focus and the ability to build effective working relationships with employees and external stakeholders
- 'Can-do’ attitude;
- Attention to detail;
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job