A highly regarded, Multi-National Service Provider offering import and export logistics solutions, is recrutiing for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to be based in the company's European HQ in Chelmsford, Essex.
The Purchase Ledger Clerk will report to the Financial Controller and will work closely with the Finance Team.
Main Purpose of the Role;
The Purchase Ledger Clerk will be responsible for the administration and accounting of purchases and payments.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Maintain good supplier records, update terms and payment records;
- Build good relationships with key suppliers;
- Reconcile supplier accounts including agent and contra accounts;
- Obtain approvals to facilitate payment;
- Regularly review supplier statements against entries on the system to identify invoices not yet received, requesting copies where applicable;
- Register all invoices on FCL to obtain an 'S Reference’;
- Ensure invoices are checked against estimates and passed in the system accurately;
- Re-distribute unpassed invoices to other business units and request authorisation;
- Address any discrepancies or issues that arise with purchase invoices;
- Escalate potentially unresolved issues to Operations/Finance team in a timely manner so a swift resolution can be identified;
- Reconcile foreign Currency supplier accounts, understand the impact of losses and gains;
- Regularly run various purchase ledger reports, raising issues where necessary;
- File current AP invoices;
- Support day-to-day finance functions as and when required;
- Work together with the Purchase Ledger team, act as cover for fellow colleagues;
- Assist with month-end duties and the year-end tax and audit queries;
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department
To Be Considered;
- Proven experience as a purchase ledger clerk within an International business
- Experience handling currency such as Euro's and US Dollars
For full details, please contact Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry
- Foreign Currency
- Purchase Ledger
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'