Grafton Banks Finance are currently working with a large well-respected commercial company with offices in Lewes, to recruit a Purchase Ledger Clerk on a temporayr - permanent basis. Reporting into the Finance Manager and working in a team you will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team of Purchase Ledger Clerks within the organisation, which is responsible for delivering the highest quality of service.
As Purchase Ledger Clerk you will be responsible for the maintenance of supplier accounts to enable prompt and efficient payment, other key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all relevant documentation is received
- Processing, scanning, validating and retrieving of invoices
- Inputting of a high volume of supplier invoices manually as and when required
- Checking and verifying, and where necessary obtaining approval for invoices from relevant divisions prior to making payment
- Dealing with and resolving supplier queries as and when they arise
- Checking payment runs for suppliers on the relevant payment dates and ensuring payment terms are adhered to
- Managing supplier accounts by reconciling with statements
- Setting up new, or amending, supplier accounts as requested by managers
- General administration duties as and when required
The successful candidate will have previous experience of working as a Purchase Ledger Clerk. You will need to have excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing. You will need to have accurate data input skills, be organised and work well under pressure. You will need to be IT literate ( Excel – accounting software) This is a temporary job with the view to go permanent for the right person.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'