Purchase Ledger Clerk - Gainsborough - £19,000
Chase and Holland are working with a well-known business in the Gainsborough area who are looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their Finance team. The business is a very dynamic and commercially driven environment where you'll work with a variety of stakeholders and get a chance to really be part of a team that works closely together and provides positive solutions to issues.
- Processing, recording, distribution and inputting of purchase invoices, undertaken on an accurate and timely basis in accordance with financial regulations and procedures.
- Maintaining accurate filing systems and a tidy finance office.
- Reconciliations of supplier statements to the purchase ledger in order to ensure the completeness and accuracy of information and transactions, and analyse unusual items
- Providing assistance to the Management Accountant in the operation of the nominal ledger.
- Maintaining good customer relations and to deal with general enquiries from tenants, suppliers and non-financial staff by providing relevant and accurate information.
- Any other duties, consistent with the above, that may be required from time to time.
The must haves:
- A great standard of education, with at least a Level 3 AAT qualification or equivalent
- Good knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice and an awareness of relevant legislation
- Ability to use Excel spreadsheets to an advanced level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy, completing all tasks to a high standard
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload and cope with competing demands
Benefits and hours:
- Hours are 8:30am to 5pm (4:30pm on a Friday), but flexibility can be offered
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- An employer matched pension contribution of up to 8%
- The opportunity to undertake additional company sponsored professional training
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance, Supply Chain, HR and IT recruitment and comfortably service Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"