Our client is a global customer generation business supplying some of the world’s leading brands with high volumes of new customers in over 120 countries. In 2013, they topped the Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing tech company in the UK, and this year was also named the business with the 50th fastest growing profits in the UK. This is the third year that they have also been ranked in the top ten places to work in the UK by the Sunday Times Best Companies list.
They are on a mission to accelerate their client's growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation and the development of world class teams. They want you to help get them there!
The Purchase Ledger Clerk Role
Sole responsibility for the company’s purchase ledger including processing all supplier invoices, staff expenses, and credit card transactions; ensuring all purchases comply with company policies; preparing payment runs; and reconciling supplier statements.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk who is a confident and assertive communicator. He/she will have already demonstrated a track record of accuracy and excellence. He/she will demonstrate massive drive and energy, and will work smart and deliver quickly. The successful candidate will have an extremely positive approach and a drive to improve, and will welcome change and thrive with it.
The Finance Team
This clients rapid organic growth rate of nearly 50% is driven by a constant flow of new employees, products and clients. We are accelerating our growth through our US operations and we also plan to make acquisitions to compound this expansion.
The Finance team is critical to positively fostering this growth by providing the information needs of the business through a world class team, processes and technology platform.
Responsibilities of Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Post all supplier invoices and staff expense claims accurately
- Ensure all expenditures comply with company policies and procedures, and follow up with individual staff members to ensure compliance with policies
- Ensure Purchase Order Registers are kept up to date and accurate by coordinating with the clients buyers. Check and verify Purchase Orders once they have been correctly invoiced against
- Ensure credit card transactions are analysed and posted monthly once reconciled with credit card statements
- Ensure correct coding, descriptions and VAT treatment of all purchase ledger transactions. In particular ensure all major cost of sales invoices are correctly allocated against departments
- Prepare monthly EC Sales VAT list
- Prepare and process payment runs ensuring all suppliers are paid on time
- Reconcile supplier accounts regularly
- Reconcile key supplier accounts monthly to ensure accounts are paid up to date and are running well within credit limits in order to ensure continuity of service
- Resolve queries from suppliers
- Continuous proactive cost review
- Prepare prepayments schedule and prepayments journal for review
- Daily allocations of payments, timely follow up of unreconciled payments per the bank reconciliation including ensuring all reconciling items are followed up and resolved
- Full accounting responsibility for related entities (Intelligence Media and Performance Media Planning) including:
- All purchase ledger input - supplier invoices, credit card input, etc.
- Create sales invoices for both cost of sales and overhead spend to recharge to MVF UK
- Related party ("intercompany") reconciliations
- Prepare month end balance sheet proofs
- Prepare VAT returns for review and submission to HMRC
- Cash monitoring and forecasting to ensure sufficient funds for monthly trading and to meet required payment deadlines for payroll, taxes, etc.
- Maintain tools and processes to ensure accurate coding of expenses
- Other ad hoc duties as required
Ideal candidate for Purchase Ledger Clerk role
- Good excel and excellent eye for detail
- Confident on the telephone
- Clear and diplomatic communicator
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
Package for Purchase Ledger Clerk
- £1,000 training budget per annum
- 25 Internal Training modules that run every quarter
- Unlimited book allowance and access to fully stocked library
- Annual trips to Ibiza upon hitting company targets
- Charity Days
- Free food and fruit throughout the day - plus amazing coffee!
- Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm - we promote a work life balance
- Monthly company-wide lunches
- Sport clubs including Football, Running, Volleyball, Yoga, Boxing, Personal Training sessions, Cycling and Ultimate Frisbee
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Dedicated Social Committee that organises regular socials such as Easter Egg hunts, Comedy Nights, Pub Quiz’s, FIFA tournaments, company festivals
- Finance Team
- Purchase Ledger
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'