Recruit 121 Finance & Accounting are currently working with a well known and respected international business based in Caerphilly that are seeking to recruit a Purchase Ledger Clerk. You will be part of the Accounts payable team which is tasked with ensuring all processing functions are carried out in an accurate, efficient and timely manner for it's customers. You will be responsible for processing all supplier invoices (paper and electronic) relating to any bills submitted.
- Correctly code purchase invoices for nominal ledger and VAT analysis
- Match invoices back to purchase order
- Post invoices to the purchase ledgers
- Resolve any queries relating to purchase invoices
- Ensure invoices are appropriately authorised prior to payment
- Monthly, automated payments runs and raising cheque and electronic BACS payments as necessary
- Produce supplier remittances
- Undertake supplier statement reconciliations
- Produce and post authorised nominal ledger journals as required
- Post bank transactions to accounts system
- Assist with preparation of cash flow forecasts by reflecting payment runs in the cash forecasts
- A thorough understanding of the principal functions of Purchase Ledger
- AAT desirable or studying towards or qualified by relevant business experience
- Excellent keyboard skills are essential
- The ability to work accurately to strict timetables
- A keen eye for detail is imperative
- Sound MS Office Skills including Excel
- Previous experience of using computerised accounts packages like Sageline 50/200, preferably in a high volume processing environment, would be advantageous.
- Microsoft Excel
- Purchase Ledger
- Sage Line
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"