Purchase Ledger Clerk - £22,000 - £24,000 (depending on experience) - Wirral
Your new company
An exciting opportunity has arisen working for a manufacturing industry on the Wirral. They are currently looking for a purchase ledger clerk on a 3 month contract with an immediate start.
Your new role
Working as a purchase ledger clerk you will be working with the finance team reporting in to the purchase ledger supervisor. Key responsibilities will include:
- Processing, matching and coding invoices up to 2000 a month
- Undertaking the payment & expense runs to allow timely and efficient payments in line with company policy
- Reconciling supplier statements to ensure the company is in receipt of all outstanding invoices requesting a copy of invoices/credits where appropriate
- Ensuring all transactions for bank and petty cash are posted and reconciled
- Using sage and excel to process the expense claims and payment run
- Building relationships with suppliers and departmental managers
- VAT returns
What you'll need to succeed
It is crucial in this role to have previous knowledge of Sage and Excel with relevant experience so you can hit the ground running. Organisation and attention to detail will be skills essential to meeting your tight deadlines. An enthusiastic, self-driven individual with a 'can do' attitude is ideal.
What you'll get in return
Full Time 35 hours Monday - Friday. The benefit of complimentary on-site parking and close to key motorway and transport links.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job