To meet the expected demands of the business, my client are looking for a skilled Accounts Payable / Purchase ledger person to provide a high quality Purchase Ledger function and payment services.
A friendly, medium sized business, based in the W. Byfleet area with free parking provided and easy access via public transport.
The Purchase ledger roles involves;
- Setting up of Purchase Ledger Accounts and evaluation of Supplier Financial Status for key supplies.
- Processing invoices.
- Undertake day to day financial transactions including verifying, matching, obtaining authorisation, posting and preparing for payment in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Monthly reconciliation of Supplier Statements and reconciliation of the Creditors Ledger.
- Liaise with Suppliers and Quantity Surveyors / Buyers to resolve any invoice queries arising.
- Validation, processing and payment of employee expenses in accordance with Company Policies and procedures.
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing supplier status.
- Setting up new accounts
- Processing invoices and expenses
- Preparation of Payment Runs
- Monthly reconciliation of Supplier Statements.
- Monthly Reconciliation of Purchase Ledger to Creditors Account
- Pro-active investigation and resolution of invoice queries
- Input into the Cash Forecasting process regarding payments.
- Identification of VAT status of Projects and ensuring application to invoices correctly.
- Assisting with the general administration duties within the Finance team.
- Ad hoc activities as and when arising
The ideal candidate for the Purchase Ledger role will;
- have worked in a similar role previously
- have strong Purchase Ledger / Accounts Payable experience
- ideally have worked in the construction industry previously (not essential)
- ideally have experience of the system "COINS" (not essential)
- live locally to W. Byfleet
The Purchase Ledger role offers between £22-25,000 (depending on experience), plus benefits.
- Accounts Payable / Purchase ledger