A market leading business in Cardiff has a newly created role for a Purchase Ledger clerk to join their Finance Team.
Our client is as successful and established business in Cardiff which prides itself on developing long-standing relationships with many prestigious companies. The business puts a strong emphasis on its people and as a result have created a loyal and talented team at their Head Office in Cardiff.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join the busy and expanding accounts team. The successful applicant will ideally have previous experience in a similar role with the ability to work effectively within a high volume environment. Applications from persons with CIS experience, as well as dealing with subcontractors are particularly welcome. This is newly created role with a remit to really make your own but with the support of a vastly experienced Finance Manager.
- Managing the inflow invoices that come through the department, including coding and checking of invoice detail
- Reconciling supplier accounts with statements and resolving queries
- Processing payment runs, including performing an initial check of payment details prior to the information being passed to the Finance Manager for approval
- Processing purchase orders, and ensuring compliance by other members of staff with purchasing procedures
- Managing the aged creditors report
- Month end reconciliations of credit cards and petty cash on a timely basis for management account
- Processing engineer and staff expenses
- Bank and credit card reconciliation
- Petty cash duties
- Supporting the wider finance team with other ad-hoc tasks.
- You will have more than 1 year purchase ledger experience, ideally in a high volume environment
- You will possess good attention to detail and levels of accuracy, which you will be able to maintain in a busy role
- Ability to work independently (although full support is provided by an experienced Finance Manager and Financial Controller).
- MS Office skills - Excel is required for this role
- This role requires excellent communication skills and would suit someone who enjoys working in a team environment
- You will be keen to develop and learn new skills as the business continues to grow.
- £18,000 - 20,000 per annum
- Full induction training
- Continuous professional and personal development
- 24 days annual leave (exc bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Off road parking
- Free Tea/Coffee
- Early finish Friday
- Microsoft Excel
- Purchase Ledger
- Purchase Orders