New opportunity not to be missed! Our client, one of the North West’s leading & multi award winning Engineering companies, has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their busy finance team based in Darwen, Lancs. They are offering the successful Purchase Ledger Clerk an excellent salary of £16,000 per annum.
This is the perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic person to thrive, working within a successful and vibrant team. This role is temporary and is to provide cover in respect of Maternity Leave. Anticipated duration until 31/12/2018.
This is a traditional Purchase Ledger role, requiring previous in depth experience and an understanding of key components and deliverables of the process.
Based at Head Office and as part of a small team providing the Purchase Ledger function to the Group, ensuring that vendor invoices are processed in a controlled and efficient manner, queries are resolved quickly and relevant payments are made on time.
Purchase Ledger Clerk Responsibilities:
- Open internal and external mail & post, distributing and allocating as appropriate.
- Matching of vendor invoices to delivery notes.
- Ensuring appropriate authorisations are in place in respect of all vendor invoices.
- Assist with resolving invoice queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Processing of vendor invoices to Accounts Payable ledger. Invoice volumes are high.
- Check and reconcile Supplier Statements on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare vendor payment run proposals weekly and monthly, for review by Financial Accountant.
- Assist with processing of vendor payment runs by BACS or similar methods.
- Process ad-hoc vendor payment requirements outside of regular batch runs.
- Deal with vendor telephone calls, contacts and queries in a professional and efficient manner.
- Assist with Intergroup recharge and payment processes.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis pertaining to spend, as directed.
- Provide a general accounts resource – scanning, filing, etc.
- Provide cover to other areas within the Finance team.
- Petty Cash administration and recording.
- Other duties, as directed.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience needed to become their Purchase Ledger Clerk:
- Previous experience of a computerised Purchase Ledger system is essential
- Able to work in a collaborative team environment. “Can-do” and flexible approach
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Good systems knowledge, including Microsoft Office
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- A mindset of continuous improvement of processes and efficiencies
- Down to earth personality
Purchase Ledger Clerk Working Hours: Monday- Friday 8.30am- 5pm (37.5 hrs)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their next Purchase Ledger Clerk please click ‘Apply’ now!