• To reconcile material and packaging invoices and credit notes to GRN and PO to ensure correct prices and quantities
• To ensure correct material and packaging coding on invoices
• To obtain signatures from the relevant managers, authorising payment where no GRN or order has been raised
• To log invoices and credit notes on the system on a daily basis
• To assist with the proposed payment run for suppliers that need to be paid
• To reconcile monthly suppliers statements to the account in the payables ledger
• To ensure correct maintenance of supplier accounts
• Dealing with suppliers concerning queries, return notes etc.
• To prepare applications for designated foreign creditors to be paid and process payment
• To ensure all invoices / credit notes received for goods supplied from the EU are given to the Financial Accountant for compilation of monthly intrastat return
• To cover for Purchase ledger Supervisor as and when required
• To ensure all processed invoices / credit notes are filed
• To assist in archiving
• Assisting with payables system developments and testing
The successful applicant will have previous purchase ledger experience, good system skills and a methodical and organised approach.