Purchase Ledger Clerk 12 Month FTC £18'000 - Nottingham
Macildowie is seeking a purchase ledger clerk to a small Finance team in the Nottingham area to ensure all invoices are received by the business and are correctly authorised, coded and paid to the correct terms.
Based in the Nottingham Head Office you will report into the Purchase Ledger Manager and ensure that VAT is posted correctly to ensure compliance with HMRC, ensure the purchase ledger balance is correct and provide full support to the accounts payable team leader and team colleagues.
This is an excellent opportunity to join thriving business that truly looks after their employees and who consistently look to improve employee experiences.
You'll be responsible for:
- Ensure all invoices received into the department are promptly scanned
- Invoices and Payment requests are correctly approved in line with company regulations
- Ensure all invoices with a Purchase Order are matched to the PO
- Liaise with other departments to ensure unmatched PO's and invoices are resolved
- Make sure all invoices are correctly coded
- Post cash book entries to the Purchase Ledger as required
- Review the GP margins and investigate any unusual variances
- 1-2 years experience in a purchase ledger environment
- Knowledge of profit and loss accounts
- Understanding of VAT
- PC Literate with basic knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience of meeting deadlines within an accounting timetable
- Work as part of a team
- Ability to Multi task
Please apply with your CV or give me a call on
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.
- Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Accounts Payable Clerk
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job