Purchase Ledger Clerk
We have Two new exciting opportunities for you to join our well established client within their Purchasing team.
1 is a 3 month contract.
1 is a 6 month contract.
Candidates must be available to start ASAP.
To manage the administrative tasks for the Purchase Ledger team alongside a modest supplier account base.
- Daily receipt and distribution of all inbound mail for Purchase Ledger department. This will include managing the purchase ledger e-mail account.
- Post invoices and credit notes into Purchase Ledger system ensuring adherence to procedures for tax control and input validation, and payments are made to agreed supplier payment terms.
- Refer all invoices that are unable to be processed to the correct PO originator for resolution. Monitor progress and escalate through referral process with the support of Manager.
- Resolve all Supplier and PO originator queries on a timely basis (5 day rotation)
- Liaise with Supplier, PO originator, Procurement and Finance as required to provide an efficient and effective service.
- Proactively driving correct process within the business with support of Manager.
- Continually review ways of working and support process enhancement by providing both constructive input and being flexible in style.
- Work as a Team towards achievement of Annual Targets.
- Ensure monthly SLAs are achieved and maintained.
- Work in line with KPI'S.
- Educated to GCSE standard.
- Have an understanding of a Purchase Ledger function.
- Methodical and organised approach to work.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- The ability to analyse and solve problems.
- The ability to work as a team to fulfil targets.
- Good telephone manner.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word / Excel / Outlook.
- Business awareness.
Demonstrate a simple, focused and disciplined approach.
Ability to think and act as an owner.
Be able to work to deadlines for payment runs and prioritise work accordingly.
Monday - Friday: 08.30 am to 17:00pm
- Purchase Ledger Clerk
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job