Chase and Holland are working with a well-known service provider business based on the outskirts of Nottingham. They are looking to recruit a Purchase Ledger Clerk/Accounts Assistant into their growing team. This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious company with an easy going yet proactive finance team. The role will support the Management Accountant with a number of month end procedures as well as having full autonomy of the Purchase Ledger function.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- End to end responsibility for Purchase Ledger function
- Ensuring the Purchase Ledger account is clear at month end
- Responsibility for accruals and prepayments
- Posting of standard monthly journals
- Overhead review with Financial Controller
- Management of the month end Tax pack
- Intrastat returns
- Producing a monthly overtime report
- Preparation of overtime data for payroll purposes
- Providing analytical support to the Financial Controller and Management Accountant
- Resolving any client or supplier queries and raising when necessary
- Statement reconciliations
- Management of timesheet reporting process
- Ad hoc analysis for the Financial Controller
Who should apply?
This role will suit someone who has solid Purchase ledger experience (end to end) and who ideally has some experience in the month end duties listed. It may be that you are currently an Accounts Assistant looking to make the next move up in your career. Some training can and will be given but you will need to have worked in finance for at least 18 months already.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to move into an established company with opportunities to grow. The successful candidate will be friendly and personable and looking to join a team of like-minded hard-working finance professionals. In return you will receive a full time permanent position with a salary of £21,000.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicetershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire market places.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job