Our established and reputable client is seeking to recruit a Purchase Ledger Assistant to join their team in Uckfield.
Our client is seeking a Finance Assistant to join their finance department in the Purchase Ledger team. You will provide support to the finance team, providing an administrative service across different functions of the team. This includes data input, across purchase ledger as well as reconciliations of payments.
This is a full time role, where the successful applicant will work Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
- Maintain supplier accounts within the Finance system.
- Stamp, code and input all purchase ledger invoices.
- Matching of supplier invoices to purchase orders and timesheet.
- Gain internal authorisation of all invoices and chase any outstanding ready for payment run.
- Email out remittance advices after a payment run.
- Reconciling supplier statements.
- Dealing with supplier queries & calls.
- File paper and electronic supplier Invoices.
- Allocate all chargeable costs to client projects.
- Reconciling bank statements to payments & maintaining the reconciliation spreadsheet weekly.
- Process & pay staff expense claims on a weekly basis.
- Opening and distributing Finance post.
- Provide internal support for colleagues with finance-related issues.
- Set up of new staff on finance system and provide training where necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining the petty cash tin.
- Previous experience working in a finance team
- Previous experience working with finance systems i.e. Sage etc.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel
- Problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to adapt to change
This is a great opportunity to join a superb organisation. Due to office workplace location your own transport is essential unless you live in Uckfield.
First Recruitment Services are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy.