Purchase Ledger Assistant
Job Location: Poole, Dorset
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Depending on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 8am to 5pm with a 2pm finish on Friday
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Accountant join a leading manufacturing company located in Poole within their busy accounts team. You will be performing traditional accounting tasks principally around the Purchase Ledger, banking, some accruals and prepayments, balance sheet reconciliations, sales invoice and credit note posting etc. You will also be responsible for fixed assets accounting and certain KPI’s.
The successful candidate will also be required to support the Financial Controller on various projects and therefore analytical skills (including spreadsheet) are a pre-requisite.
Your main responsibilities will include posting to the Purchase Ledger, reconciliations and control (including goods inwards received/not invoiced analysis, assisting the FC with financial project work and continuous improvement including spreadsheet manipulation, bank reconciliations and banking work, reconciling balance sheet control accounts and assisting the FC with month end and year end processes.
Key skills and competencies required:
- Strong computer skills including high proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices, procedures and standards policy and procedure development techniques
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications, including ERP systems
- Must be collaborative and a natural team player - with a strong work ethic coupled with sense of humour
- Must be confident to work with personnel outside of the Finance department
- Good written communication and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable analytical and research skills
- Well-organised, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports
- Required: GCSE Maths and English
- Preferred: Qualified AAT or equivalent
In return the company can offer and excellent working environment with the following benefits:
- Excellent starting salary
- Half day on Fridays
- Enhanced company pension
- Share options
- Life & health insurance
- Career development
- Onsite parking
For more information, please apply with a full CV and covering letter
Those who have the right skills and experience, our aim is that you will hear back from us within 24 hours but due to the high number of applications we are receiving at present, we are unable to respond to every application individually so If you do not hear from us within 3 days please assume that your application at this stage has not been successful. As new positions arise we will review any applications already made to us and may contact you about other suitable roles.
Resource Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally. It is the policy of the Company to take all reasonable steps to ensure that each applicant is assessed only in accordance on the basis of their qualifications, skills and abilities to perform the relevant duties without prejudice in regards to background, religion, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability or gender.
Keywords: Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administration, Accounts Administrator, Accountant, Management Accountant, Assistant Accountant