My client is looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join their team to be fully responsible for the purchase ledger for all UK, Czech and Swiss entities.
My client is a technology company for Financial Services organisations based in Central London.
Full responsibility for the purchase ledger functions for all UK entities, Czech and Swiss to include:
- Sending invoices to relevant personnel for authorisation within a day of receipt, and entering details on the invoice register.
- Checking that returned invoices are correctly approved in accordance with the authorisation manual and logging the date received on the invoice register.
- Coding authorised invoices and input onto SAGE
- Producing two payment runs twice a month, and any urgent payments needed between those dates
- Accurately input supplier payments and allocate against relevant invoices, ensuring date allocated matches date paid
- Deal with all supplier queries in a timely manner, by letter and phone, to avoid payment demands and final notices
- Check supplier statements on receipt and request copy invoices where necessary
- Chase personnel at all levels for invoices that have been sent for authorisation and not returned
- Regular nominal ledger checks to ensure all entries are posted correctly, and any errors duly amended. This includes ensuring correct nominal codes and department numbers are used, and checking pre-payment entries (including reconciliation each month). Errors will be corrected by posting nominal journals where necessary.
- Monthly creditors control account reconciliation with detailed creditors listing, and investigate any differences.
- Maintaining the Purchase Invoice email in-box and ensuring that all emails are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Assist credit control manager with chasing overdue client invoices by email and phone on a daily basis.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in an Accounts Payable function, preferably with Sage 200 accounting experience but it's not a necessity.
Up to £24,000 + benefits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job