Purchase Ledger Clerk
The Purchase Ledger Clerk provides support to the Supervisor, providing excellent customer service managing our supplier accounts.
The general upkeep of the Purchase Ledger Accounts, The maintenance and control of various accounting schedules. Be able to manage the registered volume on a daily basis. Meet deadlines for payment runs relating to suppliers and expense. To cover holidays in payroll when required.
Essential Job Functions
* Maintaining ongoing relationship with suppliers
* Scanning and registering all invoices received daily to the respected employee for authorization
* Passing and coding all authorised invoices
* Maintaining the invoice register and chasing individual employees when necessary
* Initiating and following up invoice queries which will involve liaising internally and external suppliers
* Monthly/weekly bacs payments to suppliers/employees expenses and petty cash.
* Filing invoices/expenses, photocopying and dispatch of cheques.
* Report printing/maintenance of the phone/fuel/tax and any other schedules that may be considered to fall within the remit of the Purchase Ledger Clerk post.
* Liaising with the bank on standing orders and other payment amendments
* Assist payroll to be able to cover holidays, including inputting timesheets.
Educated to GCSE Level or equivalent
Certificate in Accounting or equivalent - desirable
Strong administration background
Minimum of 1 years' experience within a similar role
Knowledge and Skills:
* Knowledge of Kerridge - desirable
* IT Literate (Microsoft Office/Excel)
* Excellent customer service attitude and communication skills
* Strong numerical ability and attention to detail.
* Able to work within a high pressure environment.
* Self-disciplined and motivated