Purchase Ledger Administrator
Salary: Up to £20,000
Holidays: 25 Days + Bank Holidays. Option to buy 5 additional days per year
Other Benefits: Holiday increases to 30 days + Bank Holidays after 5 years service, 2 X Annual, Salary Life Assurance, Enhanced maternity / paternity / parental leave, Healthcare Scheme (eligible on passing probation), Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, Subsidised Gym Membership.
POST- Recruitment are working with a fantastic business that supply services into the sports industry. They are looking to recruit an experienced Purchase Ledger Administrator to join their Head Office in Leeds.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will be responsible for ensuring all financial procedures are adhered to and all suppliers are paid on time.
- Delivering excellent customer service to both internal and external clients by effectively dealing with financial enquiries by telephone, email and letter, offering general administrative support and cover within the Finance Team as and when required.
- Inputting Purchase Invoice entries using the purchase order processing system and ledger, checking costs, VAT codes and nominal analysis codes.
- Reconciling supplier statements to ledger, taking remedial action where needed.
- Checking expenses and staff time sheets before payment; processing monthly payroll.
- Processing weekly cashbook and purchase ledger payment runs.
- Processing daily bank account transfers and reconciliations using Bankline, weekly Investment calculations, daily cashflow statement updates using spreadsheets.
- Assisting with a rolling stock taking programme and variance reporting.
- Assisting with the preparation of quarterly VAT figures for inclusion in the group VAT return.
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly and year-end management accounts, running reports and reconciling to the ledgers.
- Producing ad hoc spreadsheets as and when required.
- Following, promoting and implementing policies for the equal treatment of all employees, applicants and customers.
- You'll have at least 2 years experience as a Purchase Ledger Administrator, Purchase Ledger Clerk, Accounts Payable Assistant or equivalent.
- You'll be used to working in a busy finance department and contributing to individual and team targets.
- Ideally you'll be AAT qualified, but our client values relevant experience, so this is not a prerequisite.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and other MS Office apps.
- A broad knowledge of basic accounts packages, although training on our client's system will be provided if required.
- Up to £20,000 basic salary
- Monday to Friday - 37 hours per week excluding lunch breaks
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Option to buy 5 additional days holiday each year
- Holiday increases to 30 days + Bank Holidays after 5 years service
- 2 X Annual Salary Life Assurance
- Enhanced maternity / paternity / parental leave
- Healthcare Scheme (eligible on passing probation)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Our client is also committed to on-going professional development for all of it's staff.
This is an outstanding opportunity to for an experienced Purchase Ledger Administrator, Purchase Ledger Clerk, Accounts Payable Assistant or equivalent looking to progress quickly with a fantastic organisation.
If you are interested in this role, please apply ASAP. This vacancy is being advertised by Post Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Post Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency, visit our website for more details.
- Accounts Payable
- Purchase Ledger
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job