My client based in Trafford are looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join the team on a full time, permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity to join a global leader within the production industry to support with managing the cash flow of the business.
- Processing of daily purchase invoices.
- Matching purchase invoices to purchase orders and goods received notes.
- Liaising with purchasing manager/suppliers to resolve discrepancies.
- Calculating supplier discounts and ensuring suppliers are paid on time to take them.
- Multi currency invoice processing to include Sterling, Euro and Dollar.
- Submitting monthly Intrastats.
- Daily bank reconciliations.
- Covering sales ledger role including the raising of sales invoices, daily sales reports, new account set up, uploading invoices to factors, etc.
- Preparation of weekly payroll.
- Setting supplier payments up and weekly payroll on the banking system prior to authorisation by Financial Controller.
- Managing petty cash and processing transactions.
- Assist Financial Controller with ad hoc tasks.
- 1-2 years experience within a similar position
- Experience working on SAGE 50 and SAGE Payroll. (This is preferable but not essential to be successful for the role.)
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work well within a small team
Hours & Salary:
- The role will be a 35 or 40 hour week depending on the candidates preference. 8AM or 9AM start until 5PM. Finish on 4:10 on a Friday.
- £19,000 - £20,000 depending on experience + a bonus scheme of 5% of annual salary paid quarterly
- Free parking on site
If you feel you would be suited for the role please apply directly or contact Ruby Melling at Cordant People Manchester.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- sales ledger
- purchase ledger
- purchase orders
- daily purchase invoices