Job Title: Pupil Support Worker (0.4 FTE)
Hours: 17 hours per week / term time only
Salary: £6887.75 pa - £7222.11 pa
We are looking for a Pupil Support Worker to work two evenings a week: 2.30pm - 11pm, during term time.
Purpose of Job
- To work under the instruction/guidance of the Team Leader to deliver high quality residential care for emotionally vulnerable young people boarding at Bramfield House School.
- Organisation of structured activities, on and off site, and undertake those activities with the young people.
- Support and direct pupils in domestic routines e.g. personal hygiene, meal times bedtime routines.
- To supervise the morning routines of residential pupils prior to class time and greet day pupils to the school.
- To work under the instruction/guidance of the Team Leader to undertake support programmes to enable access to learning for pupils and assist in the behaviour management of pupils. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
- To practice with a high degree of competence, with the aim of reducing barriers to education and social interaction, leading to all pupils achieving their potential.
Specific Responsibilities of the Job
The Pupil Support Worker will:-
- Meet the Person Specification and criteria for the post.
- Be directed by the Team Leader to assist with the particular support and direct supervision of pupils outside of class time and to assist with the particular support for pupils to maximise their access to learning.
- Promote good pupil behaviour, using a variety of intervention strategies, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and Team Teach guidelines, and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of the pupils is of paramount importance at all times.
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs.
- Act as a role model to pupils and set high expectations.
- Contribute and foster an open culture so that pupils feel they have a voice and that they are listened to in a non-judgemental manner.
- Undertake any administrative duties relevant and appropriate to this post, including recording and processing incidents and other matters of interest/concern promptly.
- Take responsibility for the effective and efficient delivery of the policies and procedures of Bramfield House School
- Act with courtesy and professionalism in all contact with pupils, their families and other agencies.
- Liaise with, and where necessary deputise for, the school nurse to ensure medication is given according to established procedures and ensuring records are properly kept.
The Pupil Support Worker will:
- Work proactively and positively with pupils and staff, liaising with colleagues across a multi-disciplinary team to ensure individual pupil needs are met.
- Undertake training and continuing professional development to maintain a good knowledge of issues relating to young people and SEN.
- Oversee the morning routine of residential pupils, ensuring they are prepared for the school day.
- Ensure efficient and effective use of resources and the proper care and maintenance of equipment and the house environment.
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtimes.
- Contribute to the overall ethos, aims and work of the school.
- Encourage and facilitate pupil participation in planning, review and decision-making processes relevant to them.
- Comply with professional codes of practice and standards.
- Comply with health and safety and other appropriate statutory requirements to ensure the health, safety and well-being of self, staff and pupils.
- All services to pupils will be delivered within the context of equal opportunities.
Additional supplementary duties and accountabilities are outlined in the Person Specification.
Training and Professional Development
Acorn Care and Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people in our care. Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job