Cover Supervisor for a Pupil Referral Unit in Preston, February 2018 start!!
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? Are you a dedicated and supportive Cover Supervisor? Do you have previous experience working in a PRU / Pupil Referral Unit? Do you have a good understanding of the national curriculum, Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4?
The role will commence from February 2018 for the right Cover Supervisor on a temporary basis, with a possibility of going permanent.
An EBD Teacher / Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties Cover Supervisor is required for supply cover in an PRU / Pupil Referral Unit in Preston.
The Pupil Referral Unit / PRU caters for Secondary students with Education, Health and Care Plan / EHC Plan, as well as those with challenging behaviour. We are looking for staff who are able to deliver a range of subjects to a good standard, across Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4. You must be able to engage with the students, gain their trust and help them to develop essential skills for life beyond education. The students are vulnerable and need that little bit extra support.
The ideal EBD (Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties) Cover Supervisor will have:
- A good knowledge of the National Curriculum, Key Stage 1 & 2
- The initiative, ability and desire to deliver fun and engaging lessons
- The ability to build good relationships with the staff and pupils
- Fantastic classroom management
In return the successful EBD teacher / Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties Cover Supervisor will receive:
- A great rate of pay
- Sufficient time to plan and prepare lessons
- Fantastic prospects of further long term work for the right teacher
- A high level of support provided by your dedicated consultant
- The opportunity to make a genuine difference
If you would like further information on this exciting position please call Jamie on Tel. or email your CV to
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with Veritas Education.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'