Pump Systems Technician / Engineer
A major German manufacturing company is looking for an experienced Technician to join their office in Peterborough.
They are one of the world's leading manufacturers of liquid chemical dosing and gas compressing technologies among various industries. Operating since 1945 from their headquarters in Germany, their family business has subsidiaries in the UK, South Africa and Spain, as well as a close network of distributors across the globe.
They are looking for someone to join their team as an in-house technical person to help grow their in-house technical and workshop facility.
- Supporting the internal sales effort at the office, with technical solutions, including specification of the company's range of dosing pumps, also the outline design of associated systems.
- The in-house repair, refurbishment and re-testing of pumps
- Dealing directly with customers, on a range of technical queries & challenges, including technical advice, troubleshooting, service enquiries etc. This may also entail some dialogue (in English) with their technical experts at the head office/factory in Germany.
- Visiting their pump installations, for service call repairs, and site investigations.
- Creation of outline P&ID's using a drawing tool such as Visio, for pump systems, to support the sales effort.
- Providing a technical cost estimating capability for pump systems.
- An element of project management, between the client and factory, with respect to live system orders.
- Front the technical aspect of any new product UK field trials, including site conditions, ensuring a successful trial outcome.
- Technical, mechanical qualification, with an outline knowledge of electrical engineering
- Previous experience in a previous technical service function
- Professional technical mentality, with a hands-on approach
- Knowledge of pumps and systems, with an affinity for flow and pressure requirements
- Be within commutable distance of Peterborough
- Motivated, energetic and IT literate
- Good interpersonal skills over the telephone and face-to-face
- Able to spend a period of time at the factory in Germany to gain hands-on technical experience of pump assembly and repair
- Knowledge of typical chemicals and subsequent material compatibility is useful, but not essential
As the UK facility becomes more technically self-sufficient, it is envisaged that you could become involved in the following areas: (Training provided)
- Become involved in small lifting operations
- Welding of plastic pipework, including fusion welding of polypropylene and the solvent welding of PVC pipework & fittings.
- Sub-assembly & testing of complete dosing pumps at the UK facility.
- Technical & commercial compilation of orchestrated preventative service contracts.
- Basic site installation works.
As a one-off function, you may also initially assist in the facilities management, associated with the current requirement to move the business to a new larger premises with a workshop facility, and set up a pump repair and test facility, within the new workshop
Working hours: Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5pm
Salary: negotiable depending on experience + company pool car for travel + mobile phone + desk and workstation at office + necessary tools and protective clothing provided
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to develop their career and progress within a forward-thinking, progressive environment with an excellent company ethos. As the UK technical facility is destined to grow, there are great opportunities for you to assume a senior position in the future.
Click APPLY now if this sounds of interest.
- Pump Systems Technician / Engineer