A World Class manufacturing company based in Warwickshire are seeking an experienced pump assembler to join the team. The role offers up to £25K basic salary, plus overtime weekday and saturday, as well as other benefits of working for such a well established global manufacturing business.
The client specialize in the manufacture and supply of fire suppression systems in a mixed model value stream environment, distributing their products globally through various networks. The site is a huge complex with modern manufacturing facilities / equipment, employing 1000's of staff globally through their UK, European and USA sites. The company is committed to operational excellance through the use of Kaizen, Lean, Six Sigma and global sourcing practices.
- Assembly of pumps & products used in fire suppression industries.
- Assembly, test & dispatch of spare parts to Customers.
- Build Sub-Assemblies for use in upstream processes.
- Use of pillar drills, band saws, fly presses and various hand tools / air tools
- Fault identification & rectification using a variety of engineering & manufacturing skills.
- Product testing to confirm performance & satisfy legal/company requirements.
- Work in a variety of areas within manufacturing to support the business.
- Work overtime in line with customer demand & business requirements.
The suitable candidate will have the following demonstrable skills -
* Previous mechanical assembly or technical background assembling of valuable items
* Ability to work to tight tolerances and use hand tools and measuring equipment.
* Quality inspection and testing of all own work
* Be able to work from CAD drawings and technical diagrams
* Ability to work under pressure but still work to very high standards.
Working hours are 37.5hrs per week, 7:30am - 4:15pm Mon to Thurs, with a 12pm Finish on Friday
Package on offer
Rate of pay between £11.28 - £12.82 per hour depending on experience
Overtime payable after 37.5hrs, at Time & 1/3 Weekday, Time & 1/2 Sat, Double Time Sun
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Opt into a private pension with up to 6% company contribution
Fantastic site facilities including free parking
Full job shadowing, training and mentoring is provided to the candidate when initially starting, to get to grips with the process and product line worked on.
Immediate interviews and starts are available for suitable candidates too.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
- hand tools
- engineering drawings
- air tools
- press operating