A fantastic opportunity to join this fun, lively and focused team who are part of a leading legal and tax publishing business with 5 offices in the UK and Ireland.
The continued expansion and growth of this portfolio has led to this exciting new opportunity.
Main purpose of the role
- Maximisation of hard copy revenues within defined markets (UK Law, Family Law, UK Tax and Accountancy and Irish Tax and Law) through pro-actively selling products to existing and new customers in order to achieve and exceed KPI and revenue targets
- The pro-active negotiation and sale of commercially sound contracts for new and existing customers. Retaining and growing hard copy subscriptions within the existing customer base, identifying upsell opportunities, where appropriate, and securing new business opportunities from the supplied prospects.
- The establishment of appropriate telephone contact strategies for your customer base to ensure sales success.
- The identification of customer needs to allow you to deliver effective, sales calls which demonstrate to the customer how the company can solve problems and add value to their business.
- The maintenance and development of strong relationships with customers through responding to client requests and feedback in a timely manner.
- The development of suitable renewal strategies which are appropriately executed in a timely manner and which aim to minimise any discount offered and maximise client retention and revenue growth.
- The identification of at risk customers within your portfolio and the prioritisation of efforts to ensure customer and revenue retention
- The demonstration of the features, advantages and benefits of all , and the ability to present them to customers in a compelling fashion.
- The achievement of the minimum departmental activity KPIs: 100 telephone calls per day and 1 hour talk time.
- The maintenance of an integrated customer care approach achieved by working alongside other stakeholder departments (e.g. Editorial, Customer Services, Marketing, Credit control or Product Development).
- Keeping up to date with market changes and developments, as well as new products.
- Adherence at all times to planning, documentation and data recording standards in line with agreed processes and procedures.
- The accurate and timely creation and maintenance of all customer and prospect records for your territory within the company CRM, maintaining data and recording standards in line with agreed processes and procedures
- The timely production of regular and ad hoc sales reports.
- The handling of day-to-day operational problems within your own territory and the solving of problems.
- Any other duties as reasonably required
Specialist Knowledge/Skills Required
- Proven track record of working successfully in a challenging and commercially driven B2B sales environment
- Excellent communication skills essential, as well as territory and time management and planning
- Excellent new business sales skills with evidence of ability to close new business opportunities via telephone
- At least two years’ experience in telesales role
- Strong and proven negotiation skills
- Demonstrable experience of building and maintaining excellent customer relationships
- Applied knowledge of best practice sales techniques, including negotiation, presentation skills and general communication
- Able to absorb and retain a large amount of product, system and market information
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of SalesForce an advantage
In return we can offer you the following attractive package:
- Competitive salary and OTE
- Contributory pension
- Based out of our office in West Sussex
- 25 days holiday
- Share save scheme
- A fun, lively and focused team environment
- Telephone Sales
- New Business Opportunities
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job