Our client is seeking first-class individuals with a passion for publishing, business and Account management. The role is similar to that of a movie producer: get the script, finance it by pitching to investors and hand-pick the team that is going to create it. Sounds like you?
This role is working for an award-winning London based publishing house which produce special reports and supplements exclusively for high quality daily press.
With the freshest ideas and strongest momentum in the market, they are a high growth company with tremendous prospects for the future. They endeavour to attract candidates that replicate their characteristics as a business: entrepreneurial, brave, hungry to succeed with an energetic can-do attitude.
- Ensuring the smooth running of each publication’s development
- Using expert research skills, identify the essentials, trends and unique ideas for each topic to develop an in-depth knowledge of the subject and feed into the planning process.
- Deliver credible and professional sales pitches, by phone or face to face, to existing contacts or through cold calling to achieve sales targets.
- Undertake independent research to establish and identify appropriate advertising partners for each publication.
- Develop editorial synopses and media kits to accurately communicate the desired message to the editorial team.
- Provide input on editorial and design, including liaison with external agencies, to ensure the finished product meets the standards expected by all stakeholders.
- Assist the Production Editor in commissioning the editorial team to ensure the most appropriate professionals and/or organisations are selected for the publication.
This is a demanding but rewarding role in a high-pressured business environment, with emphasis placed on account management and business development activities. They offer a generous basic salary and commissions - on projects produced.
Previous sales experience in the media industry is not a pre-requisite, but you need to be a first-class operator in whatever tasks and challenges you undertake. You will be able to demonstrate experience in an account management or business development role within a high energy successful environment.
You will be of graduate calibre with a good standard of degree, articulate, confident and well-presented. You should be interested in current affairs, be organised and able to work independently as well as in a team. You will be competitive, a self-starter and business oriented. This is a unique role with fabulous prospects. If you are interested in working in business publishing, with top people in the industry, please contact us today.
For further information, please forward a CV with a short covering letter outlining you interest and salary expectations.
- Business Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job