Greenhill are delighted to be working with our London based client to recruit a Publications Officer to support an exciting period of development in the organisation. The post is initially offered on a twelve month fixed term contract basis with a possibility of further extension. The organisation has recently been centralised under it’s first Chief Executive and this is a new role to aid the development and management of it’s flagship publication.
The key responsibilities of the Publications Officer role include:
- Support the society’s scholarly activities and take day to day responsibility for the main journal produced by the organisation
- Manage the editorial office and assist in managing budgets
- Work closely with authors, editors and suppliers in answering queries, liaising about articles for publication, organising meetings, looking after expense claims and being the main point of contact
- Assist in developing content for use in promotion via social media and digital marketing
- Undertaking some financial administration including invoices and ensuring royalty payments are received.
To be successful as the Publications Officer you will:
- Be a graduate or be able to demonstrate a similar level of academic achievement
- Have experience in working in a publishing or research environment and have the associated administration skills
- Have first class communication skills both orally and in writing
- Be energetic and take a flexible approach to working in a small team
- Have good attention to detail and be open to learning new skills
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary in the range of £26-30,000 plus benefits along with the chance of joining a well-respected organisation who is a leader in its field.
If you feel that your skills meet the requirements of this London based Publications Officer position and you would like to be considered for the role, send in an application today.
To discuss other opportunities with our experienced sales and marketing consultants, why not get in touch to discuss your next career step.
We always receive a high volume of applicants and are unfortunately unable to give individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within one week of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest. We’d love to keep your CV on file however, for future opportunities that may arise.
Or if you’d like to arrange an introductory call, to discuss your requirements contact us on or email us on .
Like to hear about our latest vacancies, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter or visit Greenhill Recruitment.