Our Audit Teams provide audit assurance services which are vital to our clients' business controls, shareholder confidence and credibility of their financial statements. Our expertise ranges from servicing private, entrepreneurial companies through to UK listed companies, financial services clients and some of the largest FT Global organisations in the world. By joining a unique integrated structure you will benefit from working in collaborative teams and be given responsibility for delivering robust and independent audit services in a supportive environment.
Our public services team provides external audit services to some of the largest and most complex local government, central government and NHS bodies in the UK. The significant growth of our client-base over the last 2 years means that we are looking to increase capacity in our Accounting Technical Services team to provide enhanced support to our public sector auditors and to contribute to our unyielding focus on audit quality.
Mazars' specialist Accounting Technical Services team provides accounting technical support and advice to our audit teams and and externally to our clients. The team are renowned for their practical approach when facing complex technical accounting issues.Job Purpose
As an Accounting Technical Services Senior Manager, you will support our public sector audit and assurance work by providing assistance to Mazars' staff nationally on a number of diverse areas.Role & Responsibilities
The Accounting Technical Service Manager will be part of a team that collaborates well to successfully support our colleagues and clients and will be responsible for:
- Liaison with relevant standard setters (CIPFA, HM Treasury, DHSC) on sector-specific financial reporting matters, and the development of supporting guidance to auditors;
- Contribution to the wider sector through membership of relevant technical groups (NAO technical networks, CIPFA networks, boards and panels);
- Development and delivery of internal financial reporting training for public sector auditors and client-facing workshops;
- Responding to financial reporting queries from auditors and providing technical support on a range of complex financial reporting matters;
- Liaison with colleagues in the firm's Audit Quality Team on emerging issues and potential audit responses;
- Contributing to responses to technical consultations; and
- Supporting the firm's thought-leadership activities.
- You will have a sound technical understanding from completing your CPFA/ACA/ACCA (or equivalent) accounting qualification;
- Detailed knowledge of local government and/or NHS financial reporting frameworks as well as a strong understanding of underlying IFRS;
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially writing formal reasoned technical responses;
- The ability to prioritise and organise work, with strong attention to detail; and
- Works well with others in the team, maintaining high standards of quality and demonstrating commitment to self-development.
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'