Job Title: Public Sector Account Manager/ IT Sales
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 DOE (Basic), Realistic OTE first 18 months £25-35,000, uncapped to £100,000+, Plus Frequent Sales Incentives, Excellent Career Prospects
One of the leading B2B E-commerce IT resellers in Europe with a group turnover in excess of £2.5 billion. Operating in a cutting-edge market with excellent potential for growth.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Public Sector Account Manager to join a dynamic and team orientated sales environment.
Job Description. The Public Sector team is engaging, developing and managing Public Sector customers through a direct relationship with End User Major Accounts. Nurturing and developing relationships with key Public Sector accounts within the Local Authority and Health Verticals.
Job Role. Reporting to the Public Sector Business Development Manager. You will:
- Manage and develop key major accounts within the UK Public Sector.
- Work with Pre Sales, Marketing and Product Management teams to implement key messaging and product sales strategies.
- Create and execute against a Strategic Sales Plan for each of the accounts managed.
- Achieve or exceed against all agreed sales targets.
Knowledge and Experience. Consistent business development track record with a proven ability to hit sales targets. Proven track record of success within the public sector vertical market - specifically into Health, Local Government and/or Housing Associations. Sales experience from within the IT industry, ideally from working within an OEM or reseller environment.
- Accurate forecast of business opportunities including value, dependencies and close date.
- Weekly sales updates and reporting on key account activities.
- Develop, maintain and execute against a Strategic Sales Plan for each of the major accounts managed.
- Implement a high touch channel enabled approach to management of these accounts
- Close B2B accounts generated from Strategic Framework wins
- Manage time and activities to be split 80:20 (office:field)
- A positive and energetic team player
- Proactively develop sales opportunities via primarily phone based sales
- First contact with and acquisition of new clients from the Public, Government & Health sector in the UK
- Competently and knowledgeably advise clients on solutions and services that best fulfil their requirements, undergoing full assessments and analysis of client needs
- Individually manage sales and generate new business from existing and prospective customers
- Negotiating pricing with clients to achieve sales
- Meet clients & leads for presentations and actively seek opportunities in your designated sales vertical (occasional travel required)
- Drive C level engagement with the customers ensuring that value proposition is well understood.
- Work with distributors and OEM's to identify new opportunities.
- Strategic and Consultative Major Account sales skills
- Solid business acumen and presentation skills, with Strong communication skills
- Ability to understand and explain the business benefits of product features and capabilities
- Ability to work at a strategic level within the account but at the same time manage the detail
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work unsupervised to achieve agreed objectives
- Computer literate and technology aware
- Experience and expertise in UK Public Sector sales advantageous
Degree level preferred