My client, one of the largest Travel Insurance Company in the UK, are looking for a PR Manager to join a fast paced established team. You will be working in their impressive corporate offices, responsible for developing and implementing PR and media strategy, building reputation and ensuring effective media coverage. Working closely with Client Engagement, you are responsible for overseeing the creation of media releases. A key part of the role is to forge relationships with journalists and key influencers and manage the response to 'crisis’ situations.
- Develop a communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics.
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking coverage in print, broadcast and online media.
- Coordinate all public relations activities.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests, designate an appropriate spokesperson or information source.
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media.
- Monitor news on a daily basis and offer comment from around the business on relevant areas.
- Managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation, drafting press releases and liaising with the business for sign off.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media.
- Monitor, analyse and communicate PR results monthly.
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting insurance and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
- Commissioning market research.
- Liaison with external agencies.
- Develop corporate image and identity.
- To refer to a manager when any work falls outside their area of knowledge or expertise.
Personal Qualities & Key Skills:
- Proven working experience in public relations required.
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level.
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets.
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews.
- Experience in handling difficult situations.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc..
- Event planning experience.
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline.
- Social Media