A market leading insurance organisation is looking for a PR Manager to develop, implement and manage the regional and specialist PR strategy (with a focus on the SME market) for two newly acquired businesses.
This role will work closely with the sales and marketing teams and wider business, to build brand awareness and new business opportunities as part of integrated sales and marketing campaigns.
- Promote and defend the reputation of the organisation to help raise the profile of the business, its products and services.
- Develop compelling and engaging integrated PR plans for specific campaigns or activity, working closely with the relevant business experts, sales, marketing and communication teams - driving brand awareness, introducing the business to new prospects and clients, launching new propositions, supporting sales activity and core strategic messaging
- Coordinate, write, edit and publish a range of high quality external communication content / material, which present a professional and consistent message and brand style - for both traditional and digital channels.
- Seek out news and forward feature opportunities and help arrange journalist briefings to secure regular qualitative coverage in target media.
- Build, develop and maintain high quality relationships with key target media.
- Support senior leaders with developing and managing media opportunities, providing direction and counsel regarding reputational risks to mitigate potential impact of negative publicity.
- Work with the wider communications team to deliver effective day-to-day media monitoring, responding to any media enquiries in a timely manner.
- Review and evaluate PR activity on a regular basis - ensuring achievements are measurable, demonstrating value of media relations activity in supporting organisational objectives across the business, and reported to senior managers.
- Provide oversight/advice to marketing teams on advertising where appropriate.
- Stay abreast of industry (insurance, risk and employee benefits) and wider business trends and issues impacting UK SMEs.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of community outreach and corporate social responsibility agenda.
- Ensure the correct compliance, risk and regulatory processes are in place/adhered to.
- Provide additional support to the wider communications team.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrable and significant professional experience of working within public/media relations role(s).
- Ability to write/edit for a range of different audiences, whether specialist/professional communities, small business owners or industry peers.
- Proven ability of building strong, beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong influencing skills, with evidence of close working with stakeholders at all levels.
- The capability to make complex industry jargon accessible for audiences is a must.
- Demonstrable knowledge of local/regional press landscape with ability to bring or build strong relationships in this space.
- Understanding of B2B/B2C within financial or professional services, and how PR can support integrated sales and marketing campaigns. Where this direct experience is not currently held, the ability to adapt to be able work effectively in this environment is essential.
- Experience / knowledge / interest of UK business trends, particularly those in the SME arena.
- Creative flair and plenty of confidence.
To send your CV please click on 'apply for this position’ below and send through your details. We look forward to hearing from you.
VMAGROUP is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.