Public Protection Unit Support
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join Bedfordshire Police within the Public Protection Unit.
Main purpose of the role:
To contribute to achieving the vision, purpose and values of Bedfordshire Police. To support Bedfordshire Police in achieving its objectives by managing the systems and processes of the Public Protection Unit Support Team (PPUST). Incorporating our MASH roles supporting partners and the protection of vulnerable people within Bedfordshire. Providing fairness and equality to all whilst ensuring professional standards are maintained.
- To assess the risk to individuals and the organisation with respect to referrals that come into the Support Team and to disseminate to the appropriate department, team or agency. This will include making appropriate decisions based on research of police systems.
- Receiving, recording and researching safeguarding referrals from Police personnel, other agencies and the public.
- Representing Bedfordshire Police in taking part in strategy meetings in person or telephony, agreeing whether Single agency S17(CAF, TAC) S47 , ICPC & other low level strategy meetings.
- Researching, evaluating and allocating, in accordance with statutory, procedural and local management guidelines, all invitations to safeguarding conferences received by the PPURT.
- Complete comprehensive chronologies where children reside in households where DV incidents have occurred. - these are typed and in a specific format.
- Developing and maintaining effective liaison with key personnel in the Police and other agencies to promote the effective operation of the unit.
- Providing advice and guidance to the Police personnel, other agencies and the public on safeguarding issues.
- Completing research and subsequent disclosure for other agencies and also in respect of Court orders- giving due regard to the principles of the Data protection act and the various Information sharing protocols.
- Management of Domestic Abuse Referrals - follow local agreement protocols to manage risk referring DV incidents expeditiously to partners using the relay referral process for DV.
- Victim call backs for medium risk repeat victims. Ensuring safeguarding has been considered- Identifying any further risk. Refer and sign post appropriately.
- Capable of a high standard or written and oral communication sufficient to write reports and communicating at a management level.
- Conversant with the use of all current Bedfordshire IT systems.
- An ability to innovate, challenge and drive positive improvement.
- Evidence of high level organisation skills including the setting of priorities and managing the risk to safeguard vulnerable members of society.
- The ability to be assertive in meeting situations, to ensure the correct response is provided for the victim and any investigations to follow.
- To have an understanding of Child Protection Investigations and other vulnerable person investigations in order to set investigation strategies and relevant actions. To be confident, where appropriate to challenge partners & other professionals to manage expectations to ensure appropriate actions are set for Bedfordshire police.
Apply now! And a member of the team will be in touch to discuss next steps. (An extensive job description will be shared with the successful candidates)
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'