Public Health EU Communication & Engagement Officer - Projects
Connect2Kent are seeking a temporary experienced Communication and Engagement Officer, to begin as soon as possible with a busy Public Health team.
Your role will be to support, monitor and review a range of communications projects and campaigns, leading on specific projects and providing expertise and support to managers within the Division, in order to ensure effective project implementation in line with budgets and timescales.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Support implementation of the Public Health campaigns plan, including overseeing procurement and contract management of agencies to deliver specific campaigns.
- Support a range of communications projects across the Division, leading and co-ordinating specific projects where appropriate and providing advice and support to Senior Managers and colleagues.
- Maintain a robust monitoring and quality control system for campaigns/projects, providing regular reports as required, to enable the provision of informed data to senior management, ensuring that projects are on target, and enabling the identification and prompt reporting of budget targets and anomalies.
- Maintain regular and effective communication with colleagues at all levels , as well as multi-agency partners, attending team briefings, preparing and delivering briefings when required.
- Deliver presentations to a variety of audiences in order to promote a wider understanding and appreciation of the communication/campaigns projects involved, and to gain support from internal/external partners to further.
- Research and evaluate projects to provide information to senior managers, gathering relevant information on national and local initiatives and legislation in order to enable good practice to be shared across Directorates and with partnership agencies.
- Develop and maintain links with all partnership organisations and agencies, in order to ensure that shared project objectives are met.
- Be point of contact for managing design and communication requests within the department, ensuring that projects are booked into the Panacea system, and that they are delivered on time and to budget.
Desirable experience and knowledge:
Experience of working in a local authority comms dept &/public health (local or national campaigns)
Ability to develop media communication/promotion with the public and other stakeholder- social media/campaigns
Ability to undertake and facilitate focus group activity - virtually and in person
Understanding of digital marketing, social media, content creation and analysis of media communications
Ability to prepare a project Communications Action Plan
Knowledge and understanding of behavioural insights science
Marketing or related qualification or demonstrable experience in a similar role particularly
Knowledge of campaign planning and design, particularly in relations to digital activity
- You will be required to register with Connect2Kent if successful.
- A Basic Disclosure Check is required for the role, this will be processed if successful at a cost of £32.50.
Connect2Kent is an agency acting as an employment business and as an equal opportunity agency.
Due to the urgent nature of this position, please respond to this advert online in the first instance. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours, please assume that you have been unsuccessful for this role.
Close date - 015/11/20
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'