Public Catering Manager
Castle Hospitality and Cleaning division are recruiting for a public catering manager to sell and promote caterings to a high standard to maximise revenue. This exciting position offers a various role covering events, restaurant, cafes and bars. You will be working over various sites in the Scarborough and surrounding areas to ensure all catering sites are running smoothly and efficiently.
Roles and Responsibility
- To manage all catering staff to ensure all events and day to day catering units are staffed sufficiently and to be aware of seasonal increase.
- To create rotas covering seven days a week and have a flexible approach to working hours
- Develop and enforce public catering strategy and ensure it is delivery across the catering team
- Liaise with line management to ensure catering sales are maximised
- Asses stock, review wastage and place orders to ensure he catering team is running proficiently.
- Ensure all standards and policies are adhered to including HACCAP, COSHH and health and hygiene
- Completing all records are safety and hygiene and ensure all staff are trained to complete this.
- To be responsible for recruitment of catering employees in line with seasonal demands
- To take responsibility for cash and credit handling in line with company policy
- Cashing up after events
- To open and close down the venues including creating more efficient procedures around this
- T work closely with the beverage team to ensure that all events, bars, restaurants and cafes are stocked efficiently.
- To be responsible for setting up bars with or in absence of bar manager
- Work with business partners to promote new lines and offers
- To ensure GP targets are consistently achieved.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate management of employees through delegation, supervision and training
- Methodical approach to record keeping
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal
- Previous experience analysing budgets
- Stock ordering
- Knowledge of health and hygiene and health and safety
- Personal licence holder
- Experience with an electronic POS system
- Catering/hospitality qualification
If you are interested in the amazing opportunity please contact Sophie on or to apply send your CV to
CASTLE has been established for 50 years providing expert recruitment solutions to the local and wider Yorkshire areas, we have offices in Scarborough and York with 18 specialised staff building trusted partnerships with their clients and candidates. We run a Refer a Friend scheme with shopping voucher rewards for you when they are placed in work - so please recommend a friend to us!
- Public Catering Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job