Public Affairs Manager - Fixed Term Contract
Public Affairs Manager
Our client is a leading National Not for Profit organisation whose Headquarters are based in Birmingham. They are looking for an experienced Public Affairs Manager for a 9 month Fixed Term Contract.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the work of the Public Affairs function across all areas. Responsible for producing a Public Affairs strategy, implementing new ways of working, taking a role in the out-of-hours press rota in addition to resource managing, training and developing a Public Affairs Officer.
- Communicate key messages to parliamentary and stakeholder audiences. The role has significant external impact through a wide network of high value contacts, including those within government departments, parliament and devolved administrations, industry and trade bodies.
- Provide overall management of parliamentary and external stakeholder relations and events, including management of the speaking opportunity decision making process. Support the CEO, exec team and other senior staff with issue specific briefings and advice on communicating key external messages. In addition, managing the stakeholder database, and chairing a cross-departmental stakeholder engagement.
- Responsibility for team's planning- and successful execution- of events at UK Parliament, and in the devolved administrations, plus involvement in other stakeholder events. Key role in the delivery of conferences including the management of key stakeholders, briefing speakers, influencing and informing agenda and content etc.
- Working closely with the CEO and exec team to draft high profile and influential speeches for delivery at external events. Includes keynotes for the CEO at conferences, at parliamentary seminars hosted by MPs, and at legal and regulatory focused events.
- Oversee a centralised process to deal with information requests from DCMS, House of Commons library and equivalents, politicians and policy makers. Involves assessment and distribution of information internally, and the drafting of responses (including answers to parliamentary questions) to be published and to appear in the public domain.
- Support the Head of Comms in the provision of strategic advice to the organisation but specifically to the CEO and exec team. Ensure the CEO and exec team are all fully briefed on political developments, government and stakeholder activity in all relevant areas. Responsible for providing detailed briefings, includes supporting those called before select.
You will have significant and direct experience in a similar Public Affairs role from a complex organisation, and have superb all round Communications skills. Stakeholder management and engagement is key to success in this role.
If it sounds like you, please get in touch!
- Public Affairs
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'