Psychology students & Psychology graduates.
Become a Student Support Assistant
As a Student Support Assistant you will be supporting students requiring additional help with their programmes of study across various areas within College, creating positive relationships with them and assisting them in a classroom or workshop setting. This will include students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities, including emotional, social, behavioural and mobility needs.
Responsibilities of a Student Support Assistant include:
- To support within and outside the classroom the learning and emotional/social/behavioural needs of students receiving additional support in accordance with College policies.
- To provide support for personal care where necessary.
- To assist the Head of Student Support, Resources and Welfare, Student Support Team Leaders and Lecturers in the preparation and adaptation of learning materials/resources.
- To take part in and ensure the smooth and effective administration of the provision.
- To produce accurate records.
- To assist in the assessment of student needs.
- To continually review the students' support needs.
- To attend team and all other meetings regarding both student and curriculum development.
- To liaise between the Student Support Team Leaders, Student Tutors and Lecturers on a daily basis.
- To supervise student learning where necessary.
- To become a Student Support Assistant you must have the following skills and experience:
- To support both the pastoral care and academic development of our students, it is essential that you have GCSE English at grade C or above (or equivalent) as well as effective organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- You must be competent in form filling
- Have the ability to communicate to a diverse range of people at all levels, verbally and in writing.
Full vetting will be required including DBS (police check)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'