Band 7 Older People Mental Health Clinical Psychologist
(Part time or Full Time)
To provide a clinical psychology service to clients, providing specialist psychological assessment and therapy. In addition to this you will offer advice and consultation on client's psychological care to non-psychologist colleagues; be expected to work autonomously within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the Service, Trust policies and procedures; and to utilise research skills for audit, policy and service development and research within MHSOP.
About the Role
This post involves performing effectively as a Clinical Psychologist in a multi professional context and providing specialist psychological assessments of clients referred to the Team based upon the appropriate use, interpretation and integration of complex data from a variety of sources including psychological and neuropsychological tests, self-report measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with clients, family members and others involved in the client's care
You will be working with a client group of older people with the diagnosis of neurodegenerative disorders such as dementia.
In order to be a suitable candidate you need to:
- Have a Psychology degree or BPS equivalent
- Be HCPC registered as a Psychologist.
- Two years post-qualification experience as a practitioner psychologist
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups especially older people.
- Experience of providing specialist psychological advice, guidance and consultation to other professionals contributing directly to client's formulation, diagnosis and treatment plan.
If you're interested in this role forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job