Psychologist / Psychotherapist
PSYCHOLOGIST/ PSYCHOTHERAPIST - AWARD WINNING CHILDREN’S SERVICE IN DENBIGHSHIRE
This is an excellent opportunity to join a welcoming team - there is no job as rewarding as this, supporting young males from across the UK
Newly qualified Psychologists / Pyschotherapists will also be considered
£21,000 - £42,000 depending on experience
We are seeking an experienced Clinical, Counselling and Forensic Psychologist / Psychotherapist to join our welcoming established team at our head office in Corwen, Denbighshire.
We provide Young People aged between 8-18 years with practical, therapeutic and emotional care and support, enabling them to lead as ordinary lives as they can achieve.
Working within a clinical and within the wider integrated team of professionals within CareTech, this role applies psychological knowledge and expertise to service users and professionals within the group e.g. education and care staff. Primarily, our work supports children and young males aged 10-18 who present with a number of complex interpersonal, emotional and behavioural issues a number of the young people within our care have experienced significant trauma. The activities include conducting psychometric and risk assessments, formulation and developing, providing and evaluating individual and group therapy, consultation to teams, training and service development for the young people placed, or for those referred to for assessment or specific therapeutic interventions. If your best traits are positivity, friendliness and innovation then this job is for you!
Benefits of being a CareTech Employee:
* We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
* We provide FREE training to achieve qualifications in Social Care
* Career progression path within the company
* Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
* DBS check paid by CareTech prior to starting with us
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* To provide a specialist psychology input to Young People and the CareTech integrated team
* To provide specialist psychology input supporting and promoting positive mental health and emotional well-being
* Undertaking assessments and interventions to meet the needs of individual Young People
* To ensure registration and compliance to code of ethics of relevant governing bodies e.g. BACP, BABCP, UKCP, BPS, HCPC
* To report to the Clinical Operations Manager and prepare, attend and participate in regular supervision and other meetings as required
The Successful Candidate for the role will have:
* Masters Degree in Psychology / Counselling Psychology / Forensic Psychology / Psychotherapy qualification
* Post-graduate level training in Clinical, Counselling or Forensic Psychology or relevant psychotherapy qualification
* Live registration or eligible for immediate registration by governing body (BACP, BABCP, BPS, HCPC etc.)
* Experience of working with children / adolescents and their families or carers
* Hold a current driving licence valid for use within the UK and have, on appointment, access to a car
CareTech Community Services was established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services.
CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
Due to the nature of the role, we will pay for you to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, prior to starting with us. CareTech is an equal opportunities employer and will invite disabled applicants to contact us to identify any additional support that they may require throughout the recruitment process.
Due to the volume of applications, if you do not receive an invitation to interview within 14 working days, then please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion. By applying for this role, you are consenting to the submission of your details for this purpose only. Any data processed will be used for recruitment purposes within CareTech only and will not be retained by CareTech for any longer than 6 months.
- Mental Health
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"