RSR Police, part of the Red Snapper Group is a trusted recruitment partner to UK policing and Law Enforcement Agencies. We recruit job profession from all sectors to provide organisation the talent to deliver effective and efficient policing.
We are currently seeking a PSD Investigator for an initial 6-month contract in Biggleswade.
As the PSD Investigator, you will carry out the key generics responsibilities of an investigator, including investigating criminal, gross misconduct and complaint cases to include research, evidence and intelligence gathering.
The Investigator will use specialist knowledge of the Police Reform Act and IPCC Statutory Guidance to carry out investigations specific to PSD including IPCC interested case, death following police contact on behalf of the IPCC.
This position is Monday - Friday (office hours) and offers £13.48 per hour plus agency benefits.
Responsibilities as a PSD Investigator includes:
- To conduct criminal, conduct and public complaint investigations as directed by the Appropriate Authority
- To complete severity assessments during an investigation to decide whether there is an indication that there may be criminal offences or breaches of standards of professional behaviour and to consult with the Appropriate Authority
- To make determinations where conduct notices have been served as to whether there is a case to answer on the balance of probability
- To make determinations where conduct notices have not been served as to whether an allegation is upheld or not upheld
- To make referrals to the IOPC as per the statutory guidance when the criteria is met during investigations
- Carry out the role of specific point of contact (spoc) for the IOPC in respect of Independent complaint and conduct Investigations
- To consult and negotiate with legal Counsel in respect of cases appearing before public gross misconduct hearings
- Present cases / give evidence at staff and officer disciplinary proceedings having ensured that the evidence presented has been accurately and effectively researched, investigated and presented
- Proven investigative ability relating to complex crime civil cases acting as the officer in the case
- Proven investigative interview skills
- Proven ability to provide high quality written reports
- Proven ability to manage a high case load and the ability to priorities
- A working understanding of the Criminal Justice System
- Ability to interrogate databases to obtain information required
- Ability to prepare documentation for case files and presenting case at proceedings
- Previous experience of consultation and negotiation with legal counsel
- Awareness of the IOPC statutory guidance
- Desirable to have understanding or previous experience in the application of Police Staff disciplinary processes & ACAS best practice
- Desirable to have knowledge of the process of investigation around death and serious injury following police contact
If you would like to apply for this PSD Investigator position and have relevant experience, then please apply now.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested please refer him or her. We have a referral bonus scheme and will reward you with retail vouchers for referrals who are not already known to us.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to police, criminal justice, public and commercial sector employers.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'