Servoca Resourcing Solutions are looking for an Investigator Professional Standards Department for Bedfordshire Police based in Biggleswade.
To carry out the key generic responsibilities of an investigator, including investigating criminal, Gross Misconduct and complaint cases to include research, evidence and intelligence gathering.
- Identify and complete relevant enquiries within case investigation in order to support investigations into public complaints or misconduct.
- Identify witnesses and other relevant individuals to ascertain what evidence or information they can provide.
- Identify opportunities for gathering and preservation of evidence. Forensic, electronic or written.
- Seize and analyse evidence Provide analysis of that evidence allowing senior managers to make determinations on case direction
- Analyse collected evidence and Intelligence provided in all forms to support investigations
- Gather and collate evidence and intelligence for the production of a case file for submission to Crown Prosecution Service and or Head of Investigations allowing determination of case progress.
- To conduct criminal, conduct and public complaint investigations as directed by the Appropriate Authority.
- To complete severity assessments during an investigation to decide whether there is an indication that there may be criminal offences or breaches of standards of professional behaviour and to consult with the Appropriate Authority.
- To make determinations where conduct notices have been served as to whether there is a case to answer on the balance of probability.
- To make determinations where conduct notices have not been served as to whether an allegation is upheld or not upheld.
- To make referrals to the IPCC as per the statutory guidance when the criteria is met during investigations
- Present cases / give evidence at staff and officer disciplinary proceedings having ensured that the evidence presented has been accurately and effectively researched, investigated and presented.
- Proven investigative ability relating to complex crime civil cases acting as the officer in the case
- Proven ability to manage a high case load and the ability to priorities
- A working understanding of the Criminal Justice System
- Ability to interrogate databases to obtain information required
- Ability to prepare documentation for case files and presenting case at proceedings
- Previous experience of consultation and negotiation with legal counsel
- Awareness of the IPCC statutory guidance
- Desirable to have understanding or previous experience in the application of Police Staff disciplinary processes & ACAS best practice
- Desirable to have knowledge of the process of investigation around death and serious injury following police contact
- Interview trained
- PIP 1 and 2 trained
Pay Rate: £15.19 (PAYE) or £18.79 (Umbrella)
Contract Length: 12 Months
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"