If you have PRU experience and would like the chance to work in a new school then we would be keen to speak to you.
The roles will vary depending on the provision, however we have a need for teachers in different subjects across the board. If you are comfortable teaching multiple subjects please let us know.
Working on supply gives you the opportunity to work with different schools and, if you're interested in one, the chance to find a long term or temp to perm role.
Working in a PRU can be challenging in some ways, but it is incredibly rewarding work. Supporting Primary and/or Secondary students who have previously been excluded from schools to access the national curriculum in a different environment.
Some of the students will have EHCPs and you will be supporting students with a variety of needs, including SEMHD (social, emotional and mental health difficulties), Challenging Behaviour, ASC (Autistic Spectrum Condition) and associated needs.
Whilst the roles will vary a little depending on where you are, the roles will consist of
* Year round starts
* Delivering lessons across specialist or multiple subjects, depending on experience and needs
* Working with support staff and outside agencies to support the children
* Planning and marking may be necessary, depending on the length of the role
* Observing and implementing current school policies and good practice
* Working in slightly smaller classes most of the time
* A flexible and resourceful approach
* You will be dedicated and resilient
* Calm and happy to teach pupils with behaviours that challenge
* Excellent time management skills
* Punctual and reliable
* Creative and enthusiastic
* A qualified teacher of either Primary or Secondary ages
To be considered for this role, you will need to:
*Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa).
*Hold QTS in the UK.
*Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/Police checks.
If you think this is the next step in your career, then pleased send your CV to Claire Cooper at or alternatively call . We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates as well as adhering to strict safeguarding procedures. Your application will be subject to 2 educational references and enhanced DBS check.
- CHALLENGING BEHAVIOUR
- SEN TEACHER
- SEND TEACHER
- PRU TEACHER