We are looking for a person who is confident working with and supporting students with very challenging behaviour across the primary and secondary key stages. The role is based within a Pupil Referral Unit in the Wolverhampton area, working with children who struggle to engage with education and supporting them to learn.
The successful person must be able to handle challenging behaviour in a calm and structured manner and be able to create working relationships with students quickly. The school will provide support and a detailed understanding of the children as well as appropriate resources to implement your plans to ensure learning is engaging and structured.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Team Teach trained or equivalent although not essential as we are running are own team teacher course soon which you can participate in for a small fee
• Be a hard-working, outstanding role model
• Be able to work with children in Key Stages 2, 3, and 4
• Be able to inspire and motivate pupils
• Be resilient and able to form relationships quickly
• Have high expectations for learning attitudes and behaviour
• Be creative and enthusiastic
• Have a structured and routine approach to day to day activities
We would also encourage you to apply if you have a sports/coaching background and experience working with children.
Please feel free to call or apply online.
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process.
- Challenging Environment