Five Education is working with PRU in Glastonbury who is looking for a Male TA. Due to the needs of one of the students you will be supporting, we do require a male candidate.
All of the students you will be working with have the potential to display challenging behaviour. You do not need to have experience working in a school, but you do need to have experience working with children/ teens who are disengaged. An awareness of ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences) would be beneficial and an awareness of how this can inform behaviour.
- Working with children in years 7 - 11
- Possibly working 1:1 or with small groups
- You may be assisting with trips/ out of school activities
- Supporting students who have a history of broken or missed education
- Supporting students working below the expected levels for their age group
- Using behaviour management techniques to maintain a calm environment
- A flexible and resourceful approach
- Outstanding behaviour management skills
- Able to help with differentiation
- Confident to work across KS3 and KS4
- A driving licence, access to a car and business insurance as you may need to transport the students to different activities
- At least 12 months of recent teaching assistant or similar experience
- Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
- Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/ Police checks
- Access to bicycle, car or near main bus routes.
- Able to work 8.30-3.30, 5 days per week term time only
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including a barred list check, reference checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face to face interview.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'