Prototype Machinist required on a contract basis to join an industry leading manufacturing business to support continued growth and market leadership.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of manufacturing technology? Do you have a background both manual and cnc machining? Have you got a experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing / R&D environment? If you are seeking an exciting challenge then this is the contract role for you!
You will play a key role the manufacture of high specification prototype components within tight timelines. The ability to work to engineer's instructions and drawings, use your own initiative and work with the appropriate people to resolve issues is essential.
- Set-up and operation of various jigs and fixtures
- Operation of manual machines, as the role requires extensive experience with manual lathes, vertical and horizontal mills, band saws, grinding( surface/cylindrical) and other related equipment and tooling
- Be proficient with the use of all related measuring equipment and tooling
- Follow established processes and procedures for machining components at all times
- Carry out any other duties that may be required from time to time.
- CNC and 3D printing experience would be advantageous
- An understanding of Feature - CAM would be advantageous,
- Recognised apprenticeship, City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Machining
- Relevant experience in machining
- Experience and focus on Safe Working (Ability to work to and adhere to company Safety Policies and Procedures)
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Attention to detail, efficiency, and quality
- Communication (Customer facing with regard to work requests)
- Ability to work under own initiative and be self-motivated.
- Contribute to Team Success
- Be supportive of change
Applicants should be willing to work shifts and overtime if required.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job