Are you a recent graduate with a scientific degree looking for your first role within a global organisation?
Do you have the ability to develop excellent working relationships internally & externally?
Our Client Services team at Envigo, Huntingdon, is expanding and we need hard working, good communicators to join our Proposals Department. This position is an integral part of the organisation, as a Proposals Associate you will be the owner of the proposals process from the initial enquiry through to completion of the contacting process.
- Attending and contributing to Sales and Client Services team and departmental meetings
- Gathering business intelligence and report back information to relevant personnel
- Preparation of timely, consistent and high quality responses for customers as advised via the internal triage process
- Using knowledge of the services offered, bring together the information needed or utilise the appropriate experts to provide the relevant details
- Working with resource management groups, costing and pricing functions as appropriate
- Ensuring that the core information provided by Sales Directors is sufficient to enable a fit for purpose response
- Ensuring that the information needed for provision of accurate contracts and AWNs is available
- Adherence to assigned KPIs
- Working with the Pricing function to ensure that the best knowledge about the customer is applied to study pricing
- Working with Legal and Finance Departments to ensure that the correct and appropriate terms and conditions are used
- Work with Operational departments to ensure that resources (e.g. outline protocols) are updated and that you are aware of any changes which may affect the enquiry process
- Supporting the Account Management team as required by provision of proposal information for specified accounts.
- Identifying opportunities for system and process improvement within the enquiry handling process
- Act as the point of contact for Sales Directors, Operational, Finance and other internal customers for interactions on proposals
- Developing a strong and collaborative relationship with the Sales Directors to enable provision of high quality proposals
- Maintaining a high level of awareness of interactions between Sales Directors, Key Account Directors and their customers.
- Developing a strong relationship with other internal customers
- Where appropriate engaging with external customers to ensure accurate information is utilised in bid preparation
- When requested by the Sales Directors, hosting customer visits and on-site tours.
What we need from you:
- High degree of commitment to customer service
- Planning and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Strong IT skills
- Experience of working in a CRO environment is an advantage
- An understanding of the product development process
- Professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated
- Good business acumen