Remuneration: £40,000 (D.O.E)
To convert pipeline opportunities in the Renewables Industries and other strategically identified markets, into winning bids/order closure to meet the Business Strategy and in line with corporate governance practices. To produce compliant bids that supports the business in meeting its business strategy.
- Develop and manage contract winning solutions considering pricing and commercial strategy to meet or exceed Customer requirements
- Challenge convention and explore all avenues to meet Customer expectations and minimise business risk and costs
- Create and maintain a risk register for every bid in line with Company processes; understand competitor tactics and behaviour to shape the proposal and mitigate risks
- Evaluate customer RFQ’s and manage the development of the technical, commercial and financial solution accordingly as the bid progresses. Work closely with Sales Manager to ensure a thorough understanding of the solution and customer needs
- Effectively chair Gate Review internal meetings to ensure that project and customer requirements are fully communicated within the business and that internal stakeholder input in to bids is obtained in with project requirements
- Liaise with the relevant stakeholders to ensure they understand the opportunities, agree with the technical solution to ensure we can deliver the commitments being offered
- Ensure Proposals adhere to consistent corporate standards, customer schedule and target cost
- Ownership of the production of the proposal documentation in accordance with best practice and business governance processes
- Manage internal and external customer relationships until confirmation of preferred bidder and handover to the Execution team
- Early identification of business and corporate risks and champions the role internally, maintaining an effective relationship with the relevant company experts
- Accountable for the developed proposal delivered to the customer and the mitigation of the identified risk within the pre-contract phase of the opportunity
- Effective use of the company CRM system by keeping project record up to date and information is accurately captured
- Provide regular feedback to the Commercial & Tendering Manager regarding the progress of bid production inform them of any high risk items that require approval of Senior Management.
- Keep up document control in line with company process and correctly utilising company document templates
- Assist to identify and contribute to the development of new processes and procedures which can improve the performance of the Bids and Proposals department
- When required assist junior team members with the production of bids and lead the risk management process in these instances
- Degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience of bid management of complex projects with value up to £20 Million.
- Previous experience of Offshore Renewables bid standards and requirements
- Must have strong financial and commercial awareness.
- Fully conversant with MS Office software
- Flexibility to travel to customer meetings as required
- Deadline driven due to the nature of departmental work, long hours are expected as required.
- PMP accreditation
- Broad understanding of the offshore renewables business, including Operation & Maintenance of Offshore Wind Farms.
Professionals must have experience in offshore wind - applications without offshore wind experience will be rejected.
- Business Development
- Drafting Proposals
- Renewable Energy
- Presenting Proposals