We have solved complex problems for over 100 years and we’re just getting started!
We have an exciting opportunity for a fluent Spanish and English speaking Proposal and Tender Specialist to join our Forensic Technology business based from home in the UK.
In this role you will be responsible for producing all types of standard and non-standard commercial proposals (including proposal requests, responses to Tenders, RFPs, etc.) and getting the appropriate reviews and approvals to ensure that our final offers protect the corporation’s interests and intellectual property, maximize financial and operational performance, and minimize the risks for the corporation.
- Review account history to ensure consistency in pricing and response
- Actively participate in the proposal strategy definition by researching internal and external information, proposing ideas, options and creative ways to present proposals and pricing, keeping in mind our Customers’ differences in culture, as well as economic and political situations in order to adapt/optimize our offering accordingly
- Organize proposal preparation meetings
- Review and understand terms and conditions (e.g. contractual terms, delivery delays, etc.). Identify and communicate exceptions and potential risks
- Prepare and publish a project schedule to ensure the proposal will be delivered before or on the due date and time
- Where additional technical, contractual, or any other information is required (including external services such as notarization, legalization, etc.), ensure tasks are assigned and clearly communicated to the appropriate person and/or department within Forensic Technology or Projectina (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Engineering, GCS, Finance, Contracts, or others as required) and ensure information is received within the required timeframe
- Draft answers to standard and complex technical and commercial requirements, and integrate input from other stakeholders to ensure a homogeneous and accurate offer that respects corporate standards
- Peer review of proposals and pricing produced by other team members
- Review and understand internal request and/or Customer requirements
Qualifications and Experience
- Education: relevant College or University degree in Administration, Marketing, Finance or equivalent
- Relevant experience: in a similar proposal/tender/bid role
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken) in English and Spanish (mandatory) , French an asset
- Good understanding of contracting concepts, including financial and legal instruments (letter of credit, bonds, power of attorney, etc.), revenue recognition rules, and international trading rules and regulations (e.g. Incoterms)
- Word and Excel: intermediate or advanced
- Ability to travel approximately 1-2 times per year to attend team meetings in Montreal, Canada.
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities.
- Flexible working within core working hours
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell 5 days plus bank holidays.
- 4 times your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (benefits such as, new car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, health screening and more!)
- Pension Scheme
What we do
The Ultra Electronics Group manages a wide range of Specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products in the Defence & Aerospace, Security & Cyber, Transport & Energy Markets. We meet customer needs by applying electronic and software technologies in demanding environments and meeting critical requirements.
Empowering you to reach your full potential
We trust and empower each other, we love to celebrate success and we win as a team. Together, we embrace change and we’re never satisfied until we’ve done what we said we’d do
Applicants will be required to meet SC clearance and must have been a resident in the UK for the last 5 years.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to join our team then please click apply and upload your CV now.
Here at Ultra we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we continue to successfully deliver to our customers.
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'