AJ Chambers are currently working with a specialist tax consultancy, based in the heart of London, who are looking for a Property Tax Consultant. This is a unique role where you will be assisting the Partners to develop a strong property tax team.
This role is extremely varied and gives you the opportunity to utilise and build upon your existing knowledge base and develop a clear specialism. In addition, you will actively assist the Partner in developing the property tax team.
Your duties as a Property Tax Consultant will include:
- Provide technical advice and support to clients in respect of real estate/property matters, both verbally and via written correspondence
- Assist with the application of complex, specialist technical advice to provide innovative solutions that add value to the client
- Work in collaboration with the Partner to promote Property tax as a recognised specialism within the market and to develop further the property team
- Take responsibility for specific business development actions and initiatives as directed
- Develop a profile and rapport with clients, whether they are accountants, lawyers, individuals or corporate clients. Develop a network of professional contacts outside of the firm by use of technology and social media
- Assist and manage a range of advanced tax planning and transactional work. Dealing with technical correspondence and queries and discussing with Property Partner who will review work
- Be pro-active and identify opportunities to act on the interpretation of new legislation with a view to winning new work in conjunction with the Property Partner
- Assist with marketing initiatives and build knowledge and awareness of all aspects of the firm’s service to help identify opportunities to cross sell services. This may involve participation in both lecturing, the writing of articles for tax publications and delivery of webinars
- Keep up to date with tax journals, HMRC announcements and maintain a general tax awareness
- CTA qualified - ideally with 2 years post qualification experience
- Ideally a generalist background with knowledge of both personal and corporate taxes
- Experience of dealing with tax planning initiatives and be keen to expand knowledge and expertise in this area and the industry sector of real estate
- Ability to take telephone queries from fellow professionals on various tax issues involving both tax planning issues and general tax compliance relating to property
- Experience of business development and marketing of tax services
- Some experience of property and/or SDLT would also be beneficial
If you require any additional on this Property Tax Consultant role, please apply directly or contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers.
- Corporate Tax
- Property Tax
- Personal Tax