Capita Local Authority Partnerships
Capita has a number of Strategic Partnerships with Local Councils throughout the UK. A number of these Partnerships are mature and established over a number of years, in the case of Blackburn with Darwen Council we have been working in partnership for over 15 years. Each partnership office is a multi-disciplinary practice which provides a broad range of professional services covering the design, construction, engineering and property markets.
The Transactional Estates Team
In each of our partnership locations we deliver services to a variety of public and private sector clients and our projects include major town centre regeneration schemes, land and property disposals, acquisitions, Asset Management, Property Valuations and Property Management of diverse and interesting property portfolios. Local Authorities often own investment portfolios comprising offices, industrial units and retail which are crucial in providing a secure revenue stream to support the Local Council's activities and services. Our work on these portfolios will include rent reviews, lease renewals, lettings and dealing with applications to alter or assign from occupiers. The work is diverse ranging from the management of office and shops through to local markets and allotments.
We also work on one off consultancy projects for public and private sector clients. Recent examples have included property searches for a new Head Quarters building, service charge consultancy for an NHS client and a site searches for an educational facility in the Lake District.
Our various regional teams often work closely together on shared instructions to ensure the best resource and experience is available to support our clients regardless of the physical location of the individuals. This approach also affords us flexibility to respond to new opportunities as they arise.
The Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for an enthusiastic Chartered surveyor to join our Transactional Estates Team. The post holder will initially be working on a full time commission with Blackburn with Darwen Council, providing support to the Growth and Development Team.
The Council has ambitious plans for the regeneration of Blackburn and Darwen, and are seeking a surveyor with experience in operating in the commercial market to provide advice and support on valuation, acquisitions, disposals, CPO, development and site amalgamation. Support may also be required to the wider Transactional Estates Team, both within the Blackburn with Darwen Partnership and as part of Capita's national Transactional Estates Tower.
- To support regeneration and redevelopment activity, including engagement with developer companies, other professionals and key stakeholders
- To provide advice from a property perspective on the options available to the client when looking at site consolidation and regeneration initiatives.
- To carry out acquisitions and disposals of a range of property types and locations.
- To investigate, evaluate and advise on property related operational requirements for clients including Property Review, Asset Management and Accommodation Utilisation.
- To prepare and review development appraisals and viability assessments.
- To carry out Landlord and Tenant work on a variety of properties.
- To carry out valuations for a variety of purposes in accordance with the RICS Red Book.
- To liaise with the Growth and Development Team as required.
- Provide asset management and valuation support to our surveying teams in accordance with professional standards and best practice.
- To manage property on behalf of clients in a professional and commercially enterprising manner.
- To liaise with tenants/occupiers, landowners, other professionals including solicitors and members of the public in explaining and delivering a property service on behalf of our clients
- To assist the Transactional Estates team in identifying and investigating new work opportunities.
- Professional qualifications - a degree in a property or related discipline, and a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- A strong commercial acumen with knowledge of the Blackburn and surrounding areas' property market.
- Experience of working in a property office environment.
- Experience of working on high level projects.
- Knowledge of the key issues and processes relating to property management and valuation
- Detailed knowledge of Landlord and Tenant Issues and Case Law.
- Experience of using a wide range of valuations methods and purposes
- Experience of property marketing.
- Capable of interpreting Leases, deeds and other Property Agreements
- Able to present written and verbal reports to clients.
- Computer literate with an understanding of valuation, GIS and asset management databases
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in a busy environment as an enthusiastic member of a team.
- Must possess a full driving licence
- Experience of operating in a Public Sector Property Services and/or political environment.
- Experience of delivering strategic land disposals and high profile regeneration projects.
- Eligible for the RICS Valuer Registration Scheme.
- Ability to develop business connections with new and existing clients
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.